Legislative & Land Services
Legislative and Land Services handles a variety of duties, the majority of which are statutory in nature, prescribed by several legislative mechanisms such as the Municipal Government Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) Act and other statutory plans.
Under the land function, this department handles all aspects of development, subdivision, and sales of Town owned properties/land.
The following services are performed by the department:
- Council administrative support including preparation and maintenance of agenda’s, minutes, bylaws, and policies
- Development and Planning (liaison with consultant)
- Coordination with Alberta Municipal Affairs related to Safety Codes
- Land Sales/Subdivisions
- Legal (in collaboration with the Municipal Manager)
- Municipal Insurance and claims
- FOIPP requests
- Website maintenance
- Records Management
Manager of Legislative and Land Services, Shanon Simon: 403-548-9247 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the following for more detailed information: